The Government Digital Service (GDS) is transforming government digital services. Our responsibilities include GOV.UK; a single publishing platform designed to make information and services clear and accessible; building new digital services; and making sure people can sign into government services safely and easily.
GDS has a Digital Engagement team to engage with the public, across government and with others around the UK and overseas about GOV.UK and digital public services. Our aim is to be open and transparent in communicating what we’ve done, how we’ve done it and why, and what we have learned. We ‘Show the Thing’ through an innovative use of blogs, social media, digital content, online news channels and events.
On this blog, we will share our approach to digital engagement and communications from best practice guidance to case studies of our work.
You can follow GDS on social media here:
Blog comments and moderation guidelines
When posting comments, please observe our blog participation guidelines and moderation policy:
- be respectful of others who use this site
- stay on topic
- keep comments concise
- do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it’s inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.
Blog comments are pre-moderated to check they comply with the GDS blog participation guidelines above. If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
Here is a brief outline of how we evaluate comments:
- Is this comment on topic, does it add value to the discussion and can GDS answer publicly?
- If so, post a timely response within 48 hours.
- Is this person asking for information or detail relating to another GDS channel eg is it a GOV.UK content query?
- If so, we’ll pass the query to the relevant team and will update the user on progress.
- Does this comment raise an issue with a tool or transaction? Or is it reporting a bug or performance problem?
- If so, we’ll alert the GDS team responsible for fixing the tool, transaction or issue and tell the user this has been done.